You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United Kingdom.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- information from other companies, such as demographic and traffic data
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes, we respect your Privacy and trust in ust. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us simply indicate your preference once you sign-on in any of Angeles media Group (or similar account status page) or by following the directions provided in an email or from a link on the advertisement.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint content and services (for example, registration, transactions and customer support). Our corporate affiliates will send marketing communications only to users who request these services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
- AngelesMedia participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Activity Associated with User IDs
Your User ID is displayed throughout AngelesMedia but not available to the public. All of your activity on our sites is traceable to your User ID.
Using Information from AngelesMedia
In some of our line of business within the Group, Angeles Media Group enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other’s name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- Angeles Media transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- Using services offered through Angeles Media (e.g. shipping and fraud complaints), or
- Other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Angeles Media Group notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. To report AngelesMedia-related spam or spoof emails to AngelesMedia, please forward the email to spam@AngelesMedia.com or spoof@AngelesMedia.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Angeles Media Group password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify AngelesMedia and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to Angeles Media Group webites/subsi. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our AngelesMedia User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United Kingdom. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.